Sunday, August 23, 2009

--Freelance Work, Transcription, Writing, etc--

kgb_ Is much like Cha-Cha, if you've heard of the latter. KGB was established first. It's a text-question-answering service. People text in questions, and you answer them, based on your own knowledge, research, and the system's database of already answered questions (which often do the work for you).  Payout is between 5 cents to 10 cents per question answered. There is an 8-hour monthly requirement (as this coming October), and they pay out once a month.  There is a minimum payout of $40, but during my time with them (4 months now) they have always paid out, regardless of whether you meet that minimum or not.  They pay via check or direct deposit to a bank account.  To the best of my knowledge, they are not hiring at this time, BUT, we have been constantly inundated with messages as of late that we are understaffed, so this may change very soon.  Keep an eye out.

Text Broker is a technical writing site.  They are open to applications.  You go, submit a writing sample, and they grade you.  If you score anything above a 2 (1-5), you will be allowed in, and are then allowed to browse from a vast number of articles that people want written.  You're paid by the word, and the higher your rank, the more you get.  It's also set up so that people can commission you directly.  I found this to be very easy work.  They pay via paypal as well, twice a month.  I believe there's a $15 minimum.  Averaging $3-5 per written article (300+ words or so) is fairly common.  I joined as a level 3 and was upgraded to a level 4 almost immediately, but I usually only did level 2 and level 3 work.  So the payment is pretty good, and oftentimes the subjects are about things you might know about or are easily researched. (Like, "Recipe for *generic food item here*" seem to be especially popular.)

Quicktate is currently my biggest egg.  It's a transcription site, one of the few that doesn't require prior experience to get in.  I've made almost $100 so far with these guys in less than 2 months, working on and off in my spare time.  Messages come in while you're logged in, and are sent to you, and you just transcribe them, submit them, and wait for another.  Things are very fast paced at some times of the day, and normal to slow at others.  It's easy work, and like most people say about it, I find it fun.  (I really didn't think I would, but it actually is quite entertaining.)  Getting in to this service usually has a big waitlist and some people never seem to make it in, BUT, things are speeding up lately and we received word from our boss that we're allowed to make referrals for people, which seem to be speeding up the process greatly.  If you would like one from me, please go ahead and register for the site with the link provided and then let me know, and I'll tell them I sent you.  There's no real typing speed requirement, it's all about accuracy.  You can take as long as you need to type the messages, so long as you stay active on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment